We at VoicesofOK.org are excited to tell you of a wonderful development – an opportunity to bring our Community Radio station KVOY into being. Because of a generous donor your tax-deductible donation will be matched up to $12,500!
That’s right! A donor who wishes to remain anonymous has provided a very generous matching grant to help with the construction of our Community Radio station, KVOY.
If you’ve been watching our progress, you know what an incredible year it’s been for VoicesofOK.org.
- In January we received another grant from the Unitarian Universalist Fund for Social Responsibility.
- In February, because of a generous donation of engineering services from Al Davis, we filed for two more frequencies.
- In March we had our first Founders Party.
- In April we heard that the FCC had dismissed our competitors and awarded Voices the Construction Permit.
- In June, we sent three volunteers to the National Federation of Community Broadcasters’ convention.
- In July, the FCC gave us our call letters – KVOY.org.
- In August, M. Scott Carter wrote a very positive article for the business paper, Journal Record which generated a $12,500 offer to donate a matching grant. (See the article attached.) We also sent a volunteer to our friends at KZ88 in Missouri for three days of training.
- In September, our volunteer went to the Prometheus ‘barnraising’ & workshop weekend in Hudson, NY.
- In November, our friends at Prometheus Radio found a possibility for further strengthening of our signal. Our attorney and engineer are collaborating to try to make this possible.
- And in December, congress just passed the Local Community Radio Act which will greatly increase the opportunity for all communities to make their voices heard.
We have had a wonderful year. We hope you will join us in celebration by becoming members of KVOY Radio. Just go to VoicesofOK.org and scroll down the right side to the Donate button. And remember, all donations are tax-deductible and will be matched dollar for dollar. And, of course, you may send your donation by US Postal Service also. Just mail your tax-deductible donation to:
NUUF Radio Construction Fund
P.O. Box 722635
Norman, OK 73072
Join at any level that suits your means. Members who join at the $40 Ground Level receive a KVOY t-shirt. Members who join during 2010 with a Founding Contribution of $200 or more receive a KVOY travel mug and their names acknowledged on a Founders plaque in the station.
Community Radio, such as KVOY.org , is community supported, listener sponsored, and volunteer powered. Your tax-deductible financial contribution will make this Community Project a reality. So please take a moment, visit www.voicesofOK.org, click the Donate button Donate button and accept our heartfelt thanks for helping make this community dream a reality.
We sincerely express our gratitude to all our Founders who has supported us. Thank you very much! We certainly couldn’t have made it through the three year wait without you, and the proof of your support is the fact that we now have not only a Construction Permit, but we also have a generous matching grant.
We have set a goal of 400 members by Dec. 31. Currently, we have more than 80 Founders and 750 people on our Listserv. It’s time to start an annual Membership List.
By becoming a member, you can do your part to ensure that KVOY Radio and our VoicesofOK magazine are strong and poised to meet the Construction Challenge that awaits us. If you are already a member, please consider making a Gift Membership to honor someone special in your life.
Wishing you all the best this holiday season!
The KVOY Radio crew,
Mary Francis, President
Clemencia Rodriguez, Vice President
Michael Givel, Treasurer
Casey Holcomb, Secretary